Thursday, October 19, 2006

Scary Conversations

Monday, you come to work, and your product architect is not around. Unusual. He's usually here at eight in the morning.

Eleven o'clock, he's still not in. This was supposed to be an important directional meeting with management.

Then management walks in and calls the team (team of two, hahaha) together. And he tells us there's bad news. First thought - the product architect has quit the company. No big deal, it happens all the time. It's worse though... at 40, he's had a heart attack! I almost have one in shock! He's in intensive care and will be out of office for a month.

Tuesday evening. My manager never calls out of office hours. I get a call at choir practice, well after office hours. The hair on my neck stands on end. Phew... it's good news. He's going to be fine.

Thursday morning. He's being discharged. The team (read me, for today) is left to work with a vague feeling of being set loose. No product architect for a month.....

Man, I've got to exercise, eat right, and do all those things!

1 comment:

EnGeetham aka "My Song!" said...

See my own views on this at:
http://hey-rambam-ling.blogspot.com/2006/10/life-could-be-short-could-be-fun.html

btw, set loose, eh ? Watch out, the management may be watching you !